Sunday, 19 January 1992
The main event, as in past Royal Rumble events, was the event's namesake match. The 1992 Royal Rumble match was historic because for the first (and as of 2013, only) time in the history of the WWF, the last man standing in the match would win the WWF Championship, which had been vacated in December 1991. The match was won by Ric Flair, who last eliminated Sid Justice to win the match and the WWF Championship. Featured matches on the undercard were The Natural Disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon) versus The Legion of Doom (Hawk and Animal) for the WWF Tag Team Championship, The Beverly Brothers (Blake and Beau) versus The Bushwhackers (Luke and Butch) and Roddy Piper versus The Mountie for the WWF Intercontinental Championship.
Saturday, 4 January 1992
The Great Muta teams with Sting against The Steiners in a classic tag team battle at WCW/New Japan Supershow II in 1992.
WCW/New Japan Supershow II (known as Starrcade 1992 in Tokyo Dome in Japan) took place on January 4, 1992 from theTokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.
Numbers in parentheses indicate the length of the match.
- Dark match: Black Cat defeated Hiroyoshi Yamamoto (10:28)
- Black Cat pinned Yamamoto after a DDT.
- Dark match: Osamu Kido and Kuniaki Kobayashi defeated Kengo Kimura and Kantaro Hoshino (11:54)
- Kido pinned Hoshino with a Cradle.
- Jushin Liger, Masashi Aoyagi and Akira Nogami defeated Hiro Saito, Super Strong Machine and Norio Honaga (15:12)
- Nogami pinned Saito with a Dragon Suplex.
- The Enforcers (Arn Anderson and Larry Zbyszko) defeated Michiyoshi Ohara and Shiro Koshinaka (12:32)
- Anderson pinned Ohara after a Spinebuster.
- Dusty Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes defeated Masa Saito and Kim Duk (14:23)
- Dustin pinned Duk after a Bulldog.
- Dark match: Tony Halme defeated Scott Norton (8:41)
- Halme pinned Norton after a Diving Lariat.
- Dark match: Shinya Hashimoto defeated Bill Kazmaier (8:37)
- Hashimoto pinned Kazmaier after a Jumping DDT.
- Big Van Vader fought El Gigante to a double disqualification (4:49)
- Dark match: Antonio Inoki defeated Hiroshi Hase (10:09)
- Inoki forced Hase to submit with the Octopus Hold.
- Lex Luger defeated Masahiro Chono to retain the WCW World Heavyweight Championship (15:09)
- Luger pinned Chono.
- Riki Chōshū defeated Tatsumi Fujinami to win the IWGP Heavyweight Championship (12:11)
- Choshu pinned Fujinami after a Lariat.
- Choshu's Greatest 18 Championship was also on the line.
- Sting and The Great Muta defeated The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) (11:03)
- Sting pinned Scott with a Cradle.