Saturday 22 March 2014

Shining Wizards Podcast spoke with the "Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley.


The following is a press release from the Shining Wizards Podcast. Feel free to reproduce this in whole or part, but please credit the Shining Wizards (www.shiningwizards.com) if you do.

Recently the Shining Wizards Podcast spoke with the "Hardcore Legend" Mick Foley. Here are some highlights:

On The Wrestlemania Dream Raffle:  If someone is not a wrestling fan, they can just call and say I want to go to Disney, or they can say I just want to explore New Orleans for those  four days and then go to Disney and give my (Wrestlemania) tickets to someone else.  But I think we are getting some people who are supporting RAINN because it's a great cause.  It's the nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization, and because it's a difficult subject to talk about, it's often pushed away, and by doing this raffle, it gets the word out there and it allows people to know that in addition to going to www.rainn.org for the raffle, there's a great place to reach out and get help if you need it.  So it's a way for me to make a difference and in the last few weeks it's really picked up.

Why he made The Raffle so good:  Part of the reason  I made the raffle so good, to be honest with you, is because that for a while it didn't look like Mania was getting much enthusiasm, and had I known that the shows were going to turn around and the card was going to start shaping up to be so good, I probably wouldn't have added the Disney vacation, and who knows, I may not have got on the phone and asked Gabe Sapolsky if he wanted to participate.  I talked to Court Bower from Ring Of Honor, and so they're in, and The WrestleCon... Everyone that I've spoken to, including Velvet Sky who's signing that unbelievable poster of her in The Yankees shirt, and I don't care if you hate The Yankees, this is the greatest baseball-themed poster of all time, and a hug from Velvet, and Diamond Dallas Page- it's really unbelievable- and lunch with Brie Bella and some divas, breakfast with me.  Honestly, if you're not a fan of mine, and you want to call up and have me sleep in, I'll forgive you for it.  There's just so much going on and it's only $10 to enter and little by little using the strength in numbers theory, we are really making a difference in helping out a great cause.

On Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania:  It looks like it could actually happen.  I think all of us, including myself, forgot what a great heel Triple H could be, because up until Monday night, especially going back a few weeks ago, when Daniel Bryan was asking for the match with HHH, it looked like he was trying to sell people something they weren't interested in buying and then after Monday night, which was a brutal, but really effective way to close the show, I think people see that this is the match you want to see and if he wins, and I'm going to hope he does, he's going to be hurting and so he'll be entering the main event at Wrestlemania as one of the great underdog stories in history.  Who knows how it'll end, but the potential is there to have a really emotional scene.  I for one, and as much as I like Stephanie McMahon as a person, I believe she needs to be slapped by a female, and I think there is a good candidate who would like to slap her.  I just think there's a potential scenario for some great joy at the end of mania, and it's almost like really built up because I'd say since Hell in a Cell the shows haven't had that joyful feeling.  So let's hope we all get that release again at Wrestlemania.

For more with Mick Foley, including discussion about RAINN'S influence on The Military, his comedy career, Jake Roberts, and more, go to www.shiningwizards.com and listen to Episode 138: We Are 138. The Shining Wizards Podcast is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, AudioBoo, Geek Life Radio, Clutch and Wiggle Entertainment, Marks 4 Life, and the Shining Wizards Network (www.shiningwizardsnetwork.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment